PSA Film Project
6th - 8th Grade
Rules and Regulations
1. Students are required to create their own Public Service Announcement (PSA) and cannot have professional help from parents. Students can team together to produce PSA.
2. Students must sign a waiver to allow Vector Control to use the PSA on its various promotional platforms, included, but not limited to Facebook, Youtube, brochures and flyers.
3. The PSA should be 15 to 30 seconds long. They should include important “5 W’s”: “WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and WHY”. The message should be simple and direct.
4. PSA CANNOT contain any of the following: Derogatory characterization of any person or group, violence, profanity, endorsement of illegal drug use, alcohol abuse, or any other illegal activity. If any of these actions are found, the team will AUTOMATICALLY be disqualified.
5. 5. Be SAFE. DO NOT attempt video stunts, dangerous situations, or dangerous locations during the production of your video. It's YOUR responsibility to be safe and make sure no one is harmed during the making of your video.
What to Use and How to Submit
You can use a smartphone, video camera, iPad, or a point & shoot camera.
To submit your PSA entry, upload it to YouTube
Email the link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SoCal Mosquito: http://socalmosquito.org/